At WCG, our approach to prudent asset management combines a high level of personal attention with access to an industry-wide universe of financial products and services, including model portfolios, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), mutual funds, individual stocks, annuities, and alternative investments.*
We follow a core-satellite approach to asset management. In today's rapidly changing world marked by economic uncertainty, we believe that prudent investing requires a proactive approach to managing, growing, and preserving wealth. With an emphasis on appropriate asset allocation, our core portfolios seek to manage risk through a method called modern portfolio theory (MPT). MPT is employed by many institutional managers for endowments, pension funds, and other highly regarded institutional investors.
Our satellite positions incorporate the perspectives of our Investment Strategy Committee (ISC). We seek to anticipate long-term trends and position client portfolios to be proactive rather than reactionary.
The Personal CFOs at WCG adhere to a disciplined investment planning process that includes the following steps:
- Determine your risk profile and objectives
- Create your personal investment strategy
- Diversify across asset classes within the recommended investment style
- Rebalance your portfolio as market conditions or your objectives change over time
- Report results through regular account statements, custom reports, and review meetings